The Best Coffee In the World

by Daniel Harrington on April 13, 2011

What is the World’s Very Best Coffee?

The debate will go on, of course, but when one considers what coffee beans are the very best in the world the argument can be made for Ethiopian Coffee Beans, and in particular the high elevation Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee beans that are cultivated and harvested with care to provide, dare I say, the best cup of coffee in the world.

Why Is Ethiopian Yirgacheffe the Best Coffee In the World?

The pungent, winey quality of Ethiopian coffee beans has long been highly respected among coffee connoisseurs. The coffees of Ethiopia are also known for their complexity and lively hints of wildness in the acidity.

The eastern region of Ethiopia, known for its dry processed coffees of eastern Ethiopia are delightful for their brightness with a dry edge, and the Ghimbi coffees of western Ethiopia are respected for their sharpness and complex tastes and aromas.

The Best Coffee In the World continued:

The Coffee Growing Regions of Ethiopia

Throughout Ethiopia many fine coffees are produced in the various growing regions of Yirgacheffe, Sidamo, Harrar, Bebeka, Teppi, Djimma, Illubabor, Lekempti, and Limu.

Also grown in the south are the full-bodied and complex Sidamo coffees are complex and full-bodied providing a lush mouthfeel with a brightness in the finish. Many people consider the Sidamo or Harrar coffees to be the best coffee in the world.

Finest Ethiopian Coffee Is Best Coffee in the World

However this particular article argues that the finest of all of the Ethiopian coffees are the spicy and fragrant Yirgacheffe Coffees with their deliciously delicate body and pleasant sweet flavor combined with a delightful floral aroma that shimmers with notes of citrus.

The Yirgacheffes are grown in the southern region of Ethiopia and are wet processed and exhibit a bright acidity with intense, clean flavors. The aroma of Ethiopian Yirgacheffee Coffee may offer up notes of toasted coconut, and the vibrant finish displays tones of wine and berries providing the best coffee in the world.

Yirgacheffes often reveal notes of chocolate and nuts, and some shine with notes of citrus and tangerine, with perhaps a lemony tart twist, which makes the Yirgacheffe coffee beans popular for brewing iced coffee.

Coffee is a revered beverage in Ethiopia and is celebrated daily in the Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. You can also read about the origins of coffee in Ethiopia in the World’s Best History of Coffee.

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Yesid Rojas May 9, 2011 at 12:50 am

sorry but from now the best coffee in this year! is THE COLOMBIAN COFFEE!

Justin Britt May 11, 2011 at 12:01 am

@Yesid, I beg to differ. Dan’s list is pretty spot on.

STEVE May 15, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Athough the Colombian is very good-EthiopianYirgacheffe, Harrar, and Guatemalan Antigua are consistently superior

Mr. Karoly Romvari July 16, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Dear Madam and Sir,

You allow to introduce myself. My name is Mr. Karoly Romvari, I’m Engineer grad., Hungarian citizen, I live in Hungary (Europe) as well.

I’m very interested on your Coffee Palette and I would propose to be yours Exclusive Distributor in my Country as well in Europe, if you haven’t still any Distributor in this territory.

I appreciate you and your kind response.
I hope to hear from you immediately.

Yours Sincerely,
Mr. Karoly Romvari

ed December 19, 2011 at 3:42 am

I think Hondurian coffe is so underrated at this moment but one of the best coffee that i ever try so far..aroma ,body, acidity,after taste at best! ,swettess …ect

dave February 8, 2012 at 4:29 am

dont think so colombian is better EthiopianYirgacheffe, Harrar but guatemalan antigua is better than any coffee also there is a guatemalan coffee thats the best cofee but its low production

saiful March 19, 2012 at 3:31 am

i think coffee from indonesia coffee luwak ,is the best and very expensive in the world

Ginta March 21, 2012 at 4:15 pm

i really agree with you saiful,…Luwak coffee is the best coffe in the world and the most expensive coffee in the world

Dan June 21, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Jamaican Blue Moutain coffee is one of the best, as is Kona from Hawaii. Columbian coffee? maybe its the best for Dunkin Donuts :)

Budy September 24, 2012 at 1:14 pm

i think….i think..the best coffee in the world is….”what ever it is..u treat me ” hahahahaha that is most best taste than any other coffee..so when are u guys wanna buy me coffee…hahahha kidding, best coffee taste is depends how u serve it…and also how u keep the coffee beans, in my opinion each type they have their own flavor, just like tobacco, tea, and cheese…..

desire September 24, 2012 at 3:32 pm

best coffee in the world is the coffee from cote-d’ivoire(ivory-coast)

david January 3, 2013 at 12:44 am

Definitely not Maxwell House.

Victor Lalji January 22, 2013 at 6:17 am

Seeking distributors worldwide for our one-of-a-kind Instant Coffee which has an Energy and a Weight Loss ingredient. Makes it unique among coffees. We offer a great compensation plan and bonuses for your efforts. Visit my website and contact me asap.

Priligy kostar November 7, 2013 at 4:21 pm

lcbblftqsfttpdpggffhvjef, Priligy studies, YoKGnCT, [url=http://copperminepub.com/]Venta priligy mexico[/url], shdxGEu, http://copperminepub.com/ Priligy dapoxetine, oUcFGUv.